February 27, 2011

KINK-FM in Portland, a radio station worth watching

I recently ran across KINK-FM (101.9) , a radio station out of Portland, Oregon. Since I live on the East Coast I had never heard of them before. But a recent video post of a Josh Ritter song on Facebook led me on a search for the station and possibly more video. I believe the host is one of the station's DJs, Steve Pringle. He brings in a great variety of indie acts including Ray Lamontagne,  Justin Townes Earle and Grace Potter to name a few. Anyway, check out the videos and interviews HERE. You can also stream the radio station live, which I have not done yet, but hope to soon. Here are some vids I really liked.

Josh Ritter, "Change of Time"

Jackie Greene, "1961"

Bob Schneider, "Big Blue Sea"

The Avetts, "Kick Drum Heart"

No comments: