January 5, 2011

Album releases update

January and February are usually pretty light when it comes to album releases. Many bands like to release their albums in time to take advantage of the holiday season or wait till spring. But not this year. There's a ton of great music coming out early and I can't wait. Instead of waiting until the next issue of my mag (March), I'll be reviewing as many of these albums as I can here on my blog... so keep checking back. Since I'm waiting for the Decemberists and Gregg Allman's album to hit my mailbox, I'll start off with Lori McKenna's album, "Lorriaine," in the next couple of days. So stay tuned...

Here's a list of albums I am eagerly awaiting.

The Decemberists, "The King Is Dead" - Jan. 18
Gregg Allman, "Low Country Blues" - Jan. 18
Iron & Wine, "Kiss Each Other Clean" - Jan. 25
Lori McKenna, "Lorraine" - Jan. 25
Dala, "Everyone Is Someone" - Jan. 25
Wailin Jennys, "Bright Morning Stars" - Feb. 8
Low Anthem, "Smart Flesh" - Feb. 22
Zoe Muth, title TBD - april (date TBD)
Lucinda Williams, "Blessed" - March 1

No comments: