October 16, 2009

The Avetts... and Dragonforce!


I can't wait for the arrival of the Avett Brothers this weekend (House of Blues, Sunday). Their new album, "I and Love and You," is definitely one of the best of the year. Almost every song is great. More to come on them after the show.
I'm still loving my trip to Worcester last weekend to see Dragonforce with my son Adam and his friend. For those unfamiliar with the band, their name pretty much gives away what kind of music they play. While I can't say I'm a fan, I certainly enjoyed the show -- something I never would have seen if it weren't for Adam's interest. The band is sort of goth, speed-metal -- fantasy lyrics (not that you could make them out in concert), two guitars, a keyboardist who also wailed on the keytar!, bassist and singer. The light show was great, dry ice, posing, fans blowing back the bands hair... it was AWESOME!
Anyway, I will write more about my experience in my next issue. Yes, something to look forward to.
Below is a clip someone else took from the show. That's my pic at the top of the keyboard players from Dragonforce and Sonata Arctica in a keytar duel. Told you it was fun.

No comments: